Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Confabulation




First I thought you had forgotten, then a horrific thought ensued...

The thought that perhaps my history had shifted and it was I that had dropped a page and somehow lost a piece of myself along the journey.

But I let you talk and you believed with such fervor that in that moment it was true and never had the truth been truer.

We could have sailed a ship into the past by your stars.

I smiled and let it go...then I stopped listening.

It's real what they say of firewater...it muddies the brain.

It brings such heat that things begin to melt

Then it involuntarily pours and makes a bog of sand upon which you stand and lose all sense of footing with every drop you drink.

I am grateful for no such need.

It is sadder than the first tear and heavier than the last one you will cry as you watch me depart for something real.