Saturday, January 12, 2013

Misty Morn


The ghostly cloak of morning

Today I awoke to a view out my window much like this - the forest has it's own secrets and sensuality.  The snow it giving way to icy mud patches and the air is thick with cold moisture.  If I was already in my farmhouse a fire would have been set upon waking.  I have that to look forward to.

Still the townhouse is cozy.  I scooped my crazy little dog off her chair and brought her to bed with me for a while.  I parted the curtains and watched the light of day creep into the woods.  No hearth to tend so I did the next best thing - I activated some yeast added flour sugar and butter and let the dough rise.  



Today we will have an early dinner of a baked chicken some vegetables and homemade bread. My boys will help me paint their room an oceany salt water blue green. The theme is beach bum and I can't help but think it was chosen in direct rebellion against the bleak landscape of January. I too shall enjoy a rebellion of my own later...after attending Michael's first basketball game of the season, painting, cooking, and finishing the work of the day... I plan on retiring with a nice glass of dry red wine and escaping into the seed catalogs that have arrived!


In the depth of winter I finally learned that within me, there was, an invincible summer :)

Good Energy to your plans for the Days of Light!